Thursday, July 12, 2018

MFT Summer School 2018: White Space


Here's my card for the White Space challenge of My Favorite Things Summer School.  I pulled out the adorable Puppy Kisses stamp set this time.  The sentiment is from an older set called You Make My Tail Wag.



I had an embossed white cardstock panel in my scrap stash already that worked perfectly for what I had in mind.  It's hard to see the subtle stripes in the picture, but it adds a bit of texture to the background.  I added two layered strips of Green Parakeet grass cut using the Grassy Edges die by My Favorite Things in the lower left corner.

I stamped two of the cute puppies from Puppy Kisses, colored them with Copic markers, and cut them out by hand.  I tucked them into the grass and then framed the little scene with a black stitched circle cut using the Single Stitch Line Circle Frames by My Favorite Things.  I've been wanting those frame dies for ages and finally bought them in the retirement sale.

I stamped three hearts from Puppy Kisses.  After coloring them with Copic markers, I covered the hearts with a layer of clear Wink of Stella and cut them out.  They are so sparkly in person!  They also add a lovely pop of color to my scene.


I used the leftover black cardstock circle from the frame and adhered it to the upper right corner.  I then stamped my sentiment from You Make My Tail Wag by My Favorite Things on a white cardstock strip and cut it into two pieces.  After gluing it down, I felt the area needed something, so I stamped and cut out a pawprint from the same stamp set.


My card turned out really cute!  I'll save it for a special occasion to give to my husband.  :)

Stamps:  Puppy Kisses, You Make My Tail Wag (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, True Black, Green Parakeet (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  0, C1, C3, E30, E42, E57, E59, R24, R29
Misc:  Single Stitch Line Circle Frames die, Grassy Edges die (My Favorite Things); Stripes embossing folder (Stampin' Up); clear Wink of Stella pen; white gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!