Thursday, February 15, 2018

PTI 11th Anniversary Day 7: Dies Only Challenge


This was an interesting challenge.  Use only dies!  No stamps at all.  I pulled out the Framed Friends die by Papertrey Ink for my card.


I sponged three colors of Distress Oxide ink on a piece of watercolor paper.  I wanted color.  Bold color.  It's been overcast and rainy a lot recently, so I chose three bright shades:  Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, and Wilted Violet.  After randomly blending them onto the paper, I spritzed the piece with water and lifted it off to create the texture.  Then I splattered some Kuretake Pearls watercolor paint on top.  Finally, I sponged Black Soot Distress Oxide ink around the edges.


I cut the large word frame from True Black cardstock twice and layered them together for dimension.  Then I simply glued it in place onto my card front.  The whole thing was adhered to a black card base.  I love how it turned out!  You can see other cards for the Papertrey Ink dies challenge on their blog here.

Ink:  Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Black Soot (Distress Oxide)
Paper:  True Black (Papertrey Ink); watercolor
Misc:  Framed Friends die (Papertrey Ink); Pearl Colors watercolor paint (Kuretake); sponge applicator tool; paintbrush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!