Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Thanks a Million

This is absolutely my favorite card of the three designs in the party pack from my Stampin' Up demonstrator.  I adore the new Magenta Madness color!  It takes me right back to my early days of stamping when the color Pink Passion was in the Brights Collection.  It was one of the very first colors I bought!  This card makes me so happy.


I also fell in love with the Blossoms in Bloom bundle when I first saw the catalog and seeing these gorgeous diecuts in person just cinched it.  Bright pink and beautiful flowers - what's not to love?  The biggest surprise for me was the background panel.  It's actually done using a new embossing folder called Tasteful Texture.  I didn't even notice it in the catalog before.  I like how it looks like purchased textured paper.  Lovely and subtle.  Another must-have for me!

Since everything was already embossed and diecut, this card was easy to put together.  Just a challenge to glue without making a mess.  My demonstrator had provided a different sentiment, but the embossing on it was spotty, so I pulled a sentiment from Bitty Birthday Thanks by My Favorite Things and embossed it on black cardstock for my card.  It was handy to grab and I didn't feel like digging through all my stuff for a sentiment at the time.  I also left off the linen thread and ribbon that was in the kit because I preferred the simple look of the black strip by itself.

I actually signed up as a demonstrator last week just so I could take advantage of the free stamp and die bundle deal to get this for myself.  I also ordered the new in-colors.  I can't wait to play more with this beautiful pink!

Stamps:  Bitty Thanks & Gratitude (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Magenta Madness, Whisper White, vellum (Stampin' Up); True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  white embossing powder (Filigree); Tasteful Texture embossing folder (Stampin' Up); Many Layers Blossoms dies (Stampin' Up); Skinny Strips die (My Favorite Things)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!