Saturday, July 4, 2020

Hello Sunshine

Happy Independence Day!  Interesting times.  I haven't done much crafting this year.  The week after school was moved online, I started going through years of Legos and sorting them into their original sets.  It's a project that has kept me busy for fifteen weeks.  I rebuilt each Lego set and recorded any missing pieces.  Then I took them apart and packaged them up in labeled ziploc bags.  Now I'm waiting on some orders for missing pieces to complete the project.  I started a card back in April that sat on my desk unfinished for a month.  I just wasn't feeling creative.  I finally finished it back in May and it's about time I posted it on my blog.


The card uses some things from the scrap pile (embossed panel, layered sun) and a sketch from Mojo Monday (#535).  I love patterned paper, but I often struggle using it on cards.  This sketch was part of a trio of sketches along with a 6x6 two sheet wonder challenge.  It was a challenge for me, all right.  My mojo was on an extended vacation. 

The two circles were cut with Spellbinders dies, I think, and have been sitting in my scraps for years.  They looked like a sun layered together so I added Lemon Drop and Orange Sorbet glitter to make them fun and sparkly.  In hindsight, I should have colored them first with markers because the white peeks through the glitter.  Oh well.  Done is better than perfect!

I layered pieces of Hello Sunshine paper from Pink Paislee on white mats and adhered them to the embossed Aqua Mist background panel following the layout of the sketch.  Then I glued the whole thing to a white card base.  The sun is a fun pop of color against the light blue!

I added the large word in black cardstock cut with the Sweet Hello die from My Favorite Things.  The sunshine sentiment is from Wonderful Words: Hello by Papertrey Ink.  It was very satisfying to get a card done after such a long hiatus.  Of course, the Lego project has consumed most of my time lately so I didn't make anything else until the past two weeks.  I'll post those three cards over the next few days.

Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Hello (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Aqua Mist, True Black (Papertrey Ink); Hello Sunshine 6x6 pad (Pink Paislee)
Dies:  Sweet Hello (My Favorite Things); circle and inverted scallop circle (Spellbinders)
Misc:  Swirls embossing folder (Tim Holtz); Lemon Drop glitter, Orange Sorbet glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!