Sunday, February 11, 2018

PTI 11th Anniversary Day 3: Transformation Challenge


This was an interesting challenge.  We were to take an old project and transform it in some way.  I picked this card from February 2014 (yes, four years ago!) done for a Papertrey Ink 7th anniversary challenge.  Definitely not one of my favorite creations.  I still had it in my stash, believe it or not.  You can see the prior post on my blog here.

http://mapleberrymusings.blogspot.com/2014/02/pti-7th-anniversary-day-3-timer.html

The original card is a very simple CAS design and I kept the basic layout, even using the same products, but adding lots of texture and pattern.  You can see the side-by-side transformation in the next photo.


Isn't that such a big difference?  I really love the new version much better!  Click on the photo to see all the details.


I embossed the Spring Rain cardstock with a Tim Holtz folder and then rubbed a white pigment inkpad over the top to pick up the swirl pattern.  I glued it to a white card base once the ink was dry.  I cut the sun using an inverted circle die by Spellbinders from both Harvest Gold cardstock and Bitty Dot patterned paper.  The cardstock gives it stability, while the polka dot pattern adds more interest to the large shape.

I cut two white clouds using the Clouds 1 & 2 dies by Papertrey Ink, covered them with glue, and added Cotton Ball White Fun Flock for fuzzy texture.  It's subtle, but I really like the look in contrast to the swirls.  I cut the large 'hello' from True Black cardstock and stamped the word 'sunshine' from Wonderful Words: Hello on white cardstock.  After gluing everything into place on the card, I added a small bird from the Happy Trails stamp set.

Click here to see other transformed cards on the Papertrey Ink blog.  It's fascinating to see the results!

Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Hello, Happy Trails (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Harvest Gold, True Black, Harvest Gold Bitty Dot (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Wonderful Words: Hello die, Clouds 1 & 2 dies (Papertrey Ink); Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles Large (Spellbinders); Swirls embossing folder (Tim Holtz); Cotton Ball White Fun Flock (Stampendous)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!