Monday, February 12, 2018

PTI 11th Anniversary Day 4: Floral Challenge


I'm back with my card for the floral challenge as part of the Papertrey Ink 11th anniversary festivities.  I chose to use a retired set called Embellishments and a limited edition mini set called One Big Happy.  I love the color Simply Chartreuse paired with black and white.  It's very striking! 


I stamped a large flourish from Embellishments on white cardstock and then added two tiny flowers in Simply Chartreuse.  I stamped the big flower from One Big Happy in black ink and cut it with the matching die.  I then stamped the smaller flower in Simply Chartreuse ink with a black center.  After cutting it out as well, I layered the two flowers together with extra cardstock in between for a just little bit of dimension.  I put black Nuvo drops around the flourishes and used Glossy Accents in the center of the flower.  I love the extra shine they both add to the card.

I cut the word 'happy' from black cardstock using the One Big Happy dies and glued it in place.  I stamped the word 'birthday' in Simply Chartreuse ink just above the die cut word.  I layered the whole panel on a small strip of black and a piece of Simply Chartreuse cardstock that was punched with a scallop border.  I glued a small piece of striped Simply Chartreuse pattern paper on a white card base and then added everything on top.


I really love how this card turned out!  I think it would be a pretty design in other colors.  Go to the Papertrey Ink blog here to see many cards for the floral challenge.

Stamps:  One Big Happy, Embellishments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, True Black, Simply Chartreuse, Simply Chartreuse Pattern Pack (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  One Big Happy dies (Papertrey Ink); Scallop Border punch (Stampin' Up); Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops; Glossy Accents (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!