Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Ink It Up with Leigh Penner: Peace Nativity Tag


Welcome to the first Ink It Up post for December!  Leigh Penner and I post something twice a month, on the second and fourth Wednesdays, using uninked stamp sets.  My project today also includes a die that hadn't been used yet, along with a new color.  I needed to make a tag to include in my missionary son's Christmas package.  He specifically requested one even though he won't be home for the usual mystery tag tradition.  He's been gone a month now.  I couldn't let him down!  I miss that boy.


I cut the tag using Dark Indigo cardstock and the Tag Sale #4 die by Papertrey Ink.  It's my favorite tag die, so I use it a lot!  I cut the Nativity Border die by Taylored Expressions out of silver glitter paper first and then with the tag die so it would nest nicely.  After gluing it in place, I embossed the word "hope" from Spirit of Christmas by PrintWorks with white powder.  I stamped another sentiment from that set in Dark Indigo ink on a white Double-Ended Banner die cut.  Once I punched a hole in the end, I tied white ribbon through both pieces.  I used a bit of narrow silver ribbon to add a bow just above the tag.


Very simple, but I thought it was appropriate for my son while serving on his mission.  Our home life is adjusting to his absence, but it has been hard to let him go.  He's loving it, however, and that's all that matters!  I will be posting the rest of this year's tags once I get them finished.  Make sure you pop over to Leigh Penner's blog, To the Full, to see her Ink It Up post.

Stamps:  Spirit of Christmas (PrintWorks)
Ink:  Dark Indigo (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Paper:  White, Dark Indigo (Papertrey Ink); silver glimmer paper (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Tag Sale #4 die, Double-Ended Banner die (Papertrey Ink); Nativity Border die (Taylored Expressions); white embossing powder (Filigree); white and silver ribbon

Here's another nativity tag that I created last year.  Click on the picture to see the original post.

http://mapleberrymusings.blogspot.com/2015/12/bethlehem-tag.html

1 comment:

  1. These are both wonderful, Heidi! I love how you used the dies! Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!