Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Ink It Up with Leigh Penner: Hip Reindeer Tag


Welcome back for the second December installment of Ink It Up!  Every second and fourth Wednesday, Leigh Penner and I post a project using uninked sets.  I am showing the last of this year's Christmas tags for my family.  It's actually the second design I created, but I wanted to save these for my Ink It Up post because I used three different new stamp sets.  Three!  They are from the Candy Cane Lane Stamp of Approval kit by Catherine Pooler Designs.  Not only that, I used Nuvo Crystal Drops for the first time.  I love them!  Gimme all the pretty colors, please.  :)


Isn't that darling?  I cut the two tag layers using Tag Sale #8 from Papertrey Ink in Pure Poppy and Kraft cardstock.  On the Pure Poppy base, I stamped the Peppermint Stick Background in VersaMark ink.  I did the same thing on the Kraft tag layer, but using a sentiment from Merry & Bright Boughs.  I like the subtle background it created.  I stamped the word "noel" from Hip Holiday on the bottom in black ink and then glued the layers together.

That adorable reindeer is from Hip Holiday.  I stamped him in Dark Chocolate ink on white cardstock and then cut it with the matching die.  I added his little nose using Red Berry Nuvo Crystal Drops.  That stuff totally holds dimension!  They are just as high and rounded as when I first squeezed it out.  Love!  I was so tempted to add drops of different colors to his antlers to mimic Christmas lights, but I ultimately decided to keep it simple.  That way the focus is on that cute red nose.  I popped up the reindeer with dimensionals and added him to the tag.  Lastly, I tied on some red and white baker's twine.


I'm really pleased with these tags.  I like the simplicity!  I have fun making the family tags every year and my kids love to guess whose is whose.  It's one of my favorite traditions now!  Be sure to pop over to Leigh's blog, To the Full, to see her post today.

Stamps:  Hip Holiday, Merry & Bright Boughs, Peppermint Stick Background (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark; Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft, Pure Poppy, White (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Hip Holiday dies (Catherine Pooler Designs); Tag Sale #8 die (Papertrey Ink); Red Berry Nuvo Crystal Drops

2 comments:

  1. These are so sweet, Heidi! Adorable tags! I've never heard of those drops before-- what a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And love your use of the Crystal Drops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!