Friday, October 14, 2016

Whole Llama Love

Yesterday, I watched a video by Jennifer McGuire showing a sentiment backdrop technique.  You can find it at her blog here.  I thought it would be fun to try out using the Llama Love stamp set by My Favorite Things.



I first cut a piece of white cardstock using a Blueprints 13 die, also by My Favorite Things, and stamped the two llamas in the center.  I also stamped them to cut out for masking.  After coloring the llamas with Copic markers, I put the masks in place and stamped the sentiment over top with black and kraft ink.  I managed to get the backdrop slightly off center, which bugs me quite a bit, but I know my husband will not care in the least and I made it for him.  I can see how a Misti tool would be fabulous for a technique like this.  I eyeballed the stamping using the edge of my acrylic block for spacing. 

At the last minute, I decided to stamp a little heart from Beast Friends.  It's colored with a Copic marker and there's a layer of Wink of Stella on top.  I love the teeny pop of red and the subtle shimmer.  You can view it better in the close-up photo.



I mounted my llamas on a Kraft card base.  The whole thing took me less than an hour.  Woot!  I plan to slip this card into my husband's bag the next time he goes on a business trip.  It'll be a nice surprise and besides, he used to talk about owning llamas on his "gentleman farm", so he will get a huge kick out of the pun!

Stamps:  Llama Love, Beast Friends (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Classic Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  E42, E55, E57, E59, R29
Misc:  Blueprints 13 die (My Favorite Things); clear Wink of Stella pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!