Monday, July 4, 2016

World's Best Medicine

I've had the Don't Forget to Write papers and embellishments spread across my desk for several days now, but I couldn't seem to create anything.  Today I finally managed to complete two cards.  For the past two weeks, my time has been focused on my son's Eagle Scout project.  It's nearly finished and will hopefully be installed on the high school grounds tomorrow.  I am so ready for summer vacation to begin!  It hasn't felt much like it up to this point.  Here's one of the cards I created.


I cut a Winter Wisteria card base using the scalloped notecard die from Don't Forget to Write and adhered this pretty floral paper from the kit.  I cut the large word from Winter Wisteria cardstock using a Big Hugs die.  I stamped the sentiment from Big Hugs in Ocean Tides ink on a Tag Sale: Quilted banner cut from Aqua Mist cardstock.  Then I simply glued them in place on the card.

I know this card isn't patriotic, but I want to wish everyone a very happy Independence Day!!  Let's reach out to each other in kindness and love despite our differences.  God bless America and the rest of the world!

Stamps:  Big Hugs (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria, Don't Forget to Write dsp (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Big Hugs die, Tag Sale: Quilted die (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!