Saturday, July 23, 2016

Stamp-a-Faire 2016: Starry Night


Oh my goodness, this Starry Night challenge was so much fun to do!  I think mine came out with more of an Aurora Borealis look, but I love it none the less.  I will definitely be playing with this technique again.


I followed the directions pretty closely, using the same design and colors as Amy Sheffer.  The only real change is the sentiment.  I used Wet Paint Holiday and the matching dies for mine.  I surely thought I had purchased Inspired: Faith and was surprised to find that I didn't!  lol  Too many things on my wish list.   :)

Anyway, I sponged several colors of ink on watercolor paper and then smooshed the inkpad onto an acrylic block to add more ink with a paintbrush.  (note to self - catch up with reinkers too)  After the background dried, I painted a black landscape at the bottom, again per Amy's instructions.  I spattered white acrylic paint and some Platinum All-Purpose Ink over the sky for the starry effect.  Hopefully you can see the shimmer in this close-up photo!


I cut the word "peace" out of Soft Stone cardstock twice and layered them for dimension.  I stamped my sentiment from Wet Paint Holiday on white cardstock, cutting it into a strip.  I glued them both in place over a white thread nest.  Then I added a few silver star sequins and clear sequins.

I really love this card!  It took a while, so now I'm behind with the challenges, but I don't care.  lol  I had a blast creating my own Starry Night inspired by Vincent Van Gogh.

Stamps:  Wet Paint Holiday (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Enchanted Evening, Pale Peony, Mint Julep, Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink); watercolor paper
Misc: Wet Paint Holiday die (Papertrey Ink); black and white acrylic paint; Platinum All-Purpose Ink (Tsukineko); foam makeup wedge; paintbrush; white thread; silver star sequins (PTI Shakers & Sprinkles kit); Sparkling Clear 4mm sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)  

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is stunning! An aurora borealis yes, but SO very pretty!! The perfect background for a Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I absolutely love the aurora borealis look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! You totally nailed this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!