Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Wisteria Garden

My pack of Fresh Snow linen cardstock came in the mail yesterday, so I pulled out my Don't Forget to Write kit this morning and followed the instructions to make this trio of cards.  There are four suggested colorways using the printed papers and this one, Wisteria Garden, is my favorite.  I just love the soft colors!


For my first card, I trimmed down the watercolor stripe patterned paper just slightly to leave a border of color on the Aqua Mist card base.  Other than that, I followed the directions exactly.  I die cut a pre-printed floral bouquet and glued it down.  I cut the label from Fresh Snow linen cardstock and stamped the flourishes in Aqua Mist.  Using Winter Wisteria cardstock, I cut the large word "note" and stamped the "just a" part of the sentiment in the matching ink.  Quick and easy!


For my second card, I cut a base from Fresh Snow linen cardstock.  I trimmed a piece of Aqua Mist for the banner flag and cut another label from linen cardstock, stamping the flourishes in Spring Rain ink.  I slipped the banner through the label and glued it in place on the card base.  I adhered a smaller pre-printed floral embellishment on top.  Then, I stamped "just a note" in Spring Rain and Winter Wisteria ink on the bottom of the card.  Another easy card!


For my third card, I cut a scalloped notecard out of Aqua Mist cardstock.  I seriously love this die!  I glued a piece of the watercolor stripe patterned paper to the front.  I cut both the square and circle frames out of Fresh Snow linen cardstock, making sure to cut out the centers as well.  I stamped the flourishes in Spring Rain and Winter Wisteria ink as directed.


I used the stencils included in the Don't Forget to Write kit to add my first initial to the center of the round circle by sponging with Winter Wisteria ink.  It looks like it was printed on the cardstock!  After doing all of that, I layered the frames on the card base.

That sweet little stamped bouquet gave me fits.  I believe this one is my seventh try.  I ended up slightly changing the colors because it just didn't look right.  I used Spring Moss ink instead of Mint Julep for the lighter color on the leaves, Amethyst Allure for the flower centers, and Tropical Teal on the Aqua Mist flowers.  I followed the directions for everything else.  Once I was happy with it, I glued it to my card.

It's so sweet!  Of course, I'm partial to scallops.  I would love a long border die just like this.  I haven't made a square card in ages, so this was fun to make.  I can't wait to use it!  I'm very happy with these new cards.  :)

Stamps:  Don't Forget to Write (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Aqua Mist, Amethyst Allure, Blueberry Sky, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, Spring Rain, Tropical Teal, Winter Wisteria
Paper:  White, Fresh Snow Linen, Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria, Don't Forget to Write dsp (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Don't Forget to Write dies and stencil (Papertrey Ink), sponge 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!