Monday, May 23, 2016

Mini Hogs & Kisses

The main pieces for this mini card have been on my desk for a while.  In fact, I think I colored the pig a few months ago!  It was in my scrap drawer and is from Lunar Animals by Mama Elephant.  I pulled it out after I got the Rolling Hills die by My Favorite Things.  I envisioned a little farm scene, naturally.  It finally all came together when I pulled out two Pure Innocence sets yesterday, Piggy Bank and Farmer Girl.


I cut the card base and envelope using the Envie die by Avery Elle.  The base is in three pieces - white, Soft Sky, and Garden Green.  Actually, the die cut fence is a Dark Chocolate piece layered behind the grass, so it's really four pieces total.  I brushed a white pigment inkpad over the Soft Sky to mimic feathery clouds.


I used a Garden Green marker to add grass details.  Once all the base pieces were assembled, I stamped my sentiment from Piggy Bank in black ink.  I also stamped another sentiment from that set, "Hope your day is filled with squeals of delight", on the back.  I plan to write a short personal message underneath.


I stamped the hay bale image from Farmer Girl using Hello Honey ink on the matching cardstock and cut it out.  I added some shading using the matching marker as well.  Then I colored and cut out a little chick from the same set to place on top of the hay bale.  My cute little pig needed a companion! 


How could I resist another polka-dot envelope to go with it?  Now I have one more mini card in my stash.  Of course, school ends for the summer in just three weeks so I need to use it soon.  Here's hoping my daughter squeals when she sees it!   :)

Stamps:  Lunar Animals (Mama Elephant); Piggy Bank, Farmer Girl (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Hello Honey (Stampin' Up); Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  White, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Soft Sky, Garden Green, Hello Honey, Regals Collection Pattern Stack dsp (Stampin' Up)
Copic:  Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y38
Misc:  Envie dies (Avery Elle); Rolling Hills dies (My Favorite Things); Hello Honey marker, Garden Green marker (Stampin' Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!