Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Snow Scene Tags

I've been working on some gift tags lately.  In our home, we have a fun tradition.  Instead of labeling the kids' gifts from us with their name, we assign each kid a gift tag and use it on each of their presents.  The catch is that no one knows which tag is theirs!  It makes for a fun guessing game up until Christmas day.   :)




I am thrilled with how these turned out!  It's one of those rare occasions when the vision in my head comes out perfectly in execution.  The only issue I encountered was the time I spent hunting in my studio for a certain stamp set only to discover later that I don't actually own it.  lol  Good thing I finally checked my inventory list!  Thankfully I found another small snowman image that would work in my Window Dressing set.

I cut my tag base from Spring Rain cardstock using the Tag Sale #4 die from Papertrey Ink.  I use that die a lot!  The snowy hills were cut using the In the Meadow dies.  I glued the two hill pieces together, glittered the edges, and then cut it again using the tag die.  Looks like all one piece, doesn't it?  I stamped my snowmen in place directly on the tag and then added another layer that had been colored with Copics and cut out.  It adds a pop of color and dimension.  On the background, I stamped some snowflakes using Fresh Snow ink and an image from In the Meadow.  Once that dried, I stamped the sentiment from Tag-Its #8.  Put it all together and it's one super cute gift tag!

Stamps:  Window Dressing (Stampin' Up); In the Meadow, Tag-Its #8 (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Spring Rain, White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic:  0, T1, R24, R29, YR18, B41, B45, B37, BV29
Misc:  Tag Sale #4 die, In the Meadow dies (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Fine glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!