Monday, September 10, 2012

Love You

I whipped up this cute little card today.  Seriously.  I got it done and photographed in less than an hour!  lol  Actually, that is pretty fast for me.  I usually deliberate over every little thing.  This time, I had a clear idea from the start and it came together very quickly.

I used the latest sketch from the CPS Card Sketches blog.  (CPS 282)  It really caught my eye with its simple design and double circle.  I pulled out one of my favorite Pure Innocence images from My Favorite Things and got to work right away.


Isn't she adorable?  I colored her with Copic markers and paper-pieced her dress with a print from the Basic Grey Nordic Holiday collection.  Both the Kraft and Pure Poppy layers were embossed using Cuttlebug folders.  For the sentiment, I bent it slightly on my acrylic block to fit around the curve of the bottom circle layer.

I really love this card.  I can see myself making a series of this design using different Pure Innocence girls and embossed textures.  So many possible variations!

Stamps:  Love You With All My Heart (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Kraft, White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); Nordic Holiday 6x6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic:  0, C1, E000, E00, E30, E42, R20, E55, E57, E59, R24, R29, R59
Misc:  Distressed Stripes, Swiss Dots embossing folders (Cuttlebug); Standard Circles dies (Spellbinders)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!