Saturday, September 15, 2012

Don't Worry, Bee Happy

Anyone else got that song stuck in their head now?  :D  I made a pair of cards using the hexagon coverplate die from Papertrey Ink.  Since I used yellow and kraft colors, I just had to pull out my Honey Bees stamp set.  I mean, it was a downright necessity!  It just works perfectly with all those lovely hexagons.  The colors screamed honeycomb.  Who am I to disagree?   :D

  

Sweet as honey!  lol  I cut the hexagon coverplate out of both the kraft cardstock and yellow patterned paper.  Each card has a kraft card base and the outline portion of the hexagon was adhered first.  (not easy to do with all those skinny lines)

For the "Sweet as Honey" card, I adhered each little yellow hexagon in the open spaces.  (a little tedious, but it looks cool)  Then I glued a few kraft hexagons over top, some plain and some stamped with the honeycomb pattern.  It's difficult to tell in the photo, but those hexagons are slightly raised above all the others as a result.  I stamped the bee and cut it out, placing it over the honeycomb.  (the bee is already hard at work there!)  Then I just added a slightly distressed sentiment and added a wee bit of sponging around the edges.

For the "Bee Happy" card, I stamped the honeycomb pattern inside each open hexagon using Classic Kraft ink.  This one went a lot faster!  lol  Then I stamped the bee on a kraft Labels Four diecut and added my sentiment on two patterned paper flags.  I can't even read it without the song's melody running through my mind.  lol

Simple, but cute.  The hardest part of these cards was figuring out what to add without covering up the background too much.  I like how they both turned out!

Stamps:  Honey Bees (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft, White (Papertrey Ink); Delicate Dots (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Classic Kraft, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Cover Plate: Hexagon, Double-Ended Banner die (Papertrey Ink); Labels Four die (Spellbinders); distressing tool  

1 comment:

  1. Очень работа нравится! Очень сложная, т.к. цветов мало! Вы молодец!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!