Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wishing You Sunshine

Today is the Papertrey Ink blog hop! Prepare yourself for a splash of bright and cheery because this month's challenge is a sunny inspiration picture.

(photo linked to source)

I love the colors! I made TWO cards for this challenge, believe it or not. For my first card, I used stripes of polka-dotted cardstock for my background. I've had this card base sitting around for weeks waiting to be finished. Lucky me that the colors were perfect! And, it already had the white polka dots! I simply added a polka-dotted umbrella and stamped my sentiment on a panel that had been sponged with two different colors of yellow. (Note to self: I really need a Harvest Gold inkpad!)

For the second card, I took my inspiration from the striped gift bag in the photo. Notice the yellow-striped sun?

Yep, I re-created it for my card. Love those distressed yellow stripes! I stamped white raindrops on a strip of Hawaiian Shores cardstock to add the aqua color and then pinked the edges. I used my Yo-Yo Yellow inkpad since I (sob) don't have Harvest Gold yet. It's a bright, cheery color just like the inspiration photo. Since I chose to use the sentiment, "The sun will come out tomorrow", I just had to add a gray cloud partially blocking the sun. It was necessary! lol Besides, I needed to break up all that bright yellow a little bit.

These cards were quick and fun to make. So here's some cheer just in case your day is overcast like mine. Bring on the sunshine!

Stamps: Scattered Sunshine (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: White, Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink); Daffodil Delight, Barely Banana (Stampin' Up)
Misc: Curved Rectangles (Spellbinders)

Stamps: Scattered Sunshine Additions, Distressed Stripes (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: White, Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Yo-Yo Yellow, Basic Gray (Stampin' Up); Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Misc: Pinking Edge die (My Favorite Things); Standard Circles die (Spellbinders)
; pop-dots


6 comments:

  1. What a great cheerful card! Love your big bold stripes & your stripy sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the sun. I was hoping someone would feature that! Fun and cheery cards-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty cards!! Both are so bright and cheery!!! Way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stripy sunshine and stripy background- very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, two cards for the challenge?! And I just love them both!! Love all the polka dotted papers on the first with the umbrella :) And that huge sun on the second. What a fun take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!