Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Valentine, Be Mine

I decided to tackle this week's Mojo Monday sketch and use one of the Verve Stamps sets that I had pulled out in my quest for love images. It's called Heart's Desire and has cool sketchy-style hearts along with great sentiments.


I chose this set because of the circle image (to match the sketch) and the card just evolved from there. I didn't like the empty solid center in the circle (felt like too much kraft), so I cut out the center so it became more of a frame for the cutout heart. The kraft layers needed just a little something so I edged them with a black marker. It gives the appearance of another layer without the bulk. The red banner looked too plain so I crumpled the paper and smudged it with red ink. I added tiny dots with red Stickles and called it good. I'm pretty happy with the result!

I have another Bella card that's scheduled to post tomorrow morning. (first time trying out that feature) Feel free to drop on by!

Stamps: Heart's Desire (Verve)
Ink: Noir Black (Palette); Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Kraft, Pure Poppy, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc: Standard Circles dies (Spellbinders), Xmas Red (Stickles), Basic Black marker (Stampin' Up)

1 comment:

  1. Love that stamped background! Fabulous card. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!