Friday, January 6, 2012

Be Mine

I can't count how many times I printed the weekly MFT sketch last year with intentions to make a card and then never did it. Not this time! It took a while playing with patterns and walking away to come back with fresh eyes, but I made a card for the current sketch challenge. The stamping part was quick. It was the design part that took the most time, even with a set sketch. I don't typically use multiple patterns on a card, but I fell so in love with the great patterns in my Sultry 6x6 Basic Grey paper pad that I just had to use them all!

I adore the sweet Pure Innocence line by My Favorite Things and this particular image is so versatile. I had planned to color her, but ran into a snag. (see #1 below) I chose to keep it simple instead and rather like the results.


A few things I learned in the process:

1. I need the Rich Cocoa Memento inkpad so I can use my Copic markers.
2. I don't have a small heart punch. I must have gotten rid of it in the great purge of 2010.
3. I really DO need the small standard circles dies for layering.
4. Light pink embossing powder would be nice to have on hand.
5. I can make do without all that in a pinch. :)

I wanted a thin mat margin on my layers for this card and quickly realized the gap was too big between circles on the dies I have. I ended up pulling out my Cricut and cutting the two brown circles with it. Since I haven't used Cricut Design Studio in quite some time and our current printer is wireless, you should have seen me hunting all over the attic for the missing USB printer cable. My son scared the pants off of me when he brought the stronger flashlight and I didn't hear him coming. lol Still, my mission was a success and the problem was solved. Giving myself a big ol' woohoo!

Since I didn't have a small heart punch, I used a light pink inkpad to stamp a heart from the Hooga Booga set on the same light pink paper used for the central image. Then I just cut it out and glued it to the sentiment strip. Very subtle but it works. I used my cream pigment inkpad to stamp the sentiment.

So there you have it! Now I can cross that goal off my list. :)

Stamps: PI Being Cute is What I Do, Hooga Booga (My Favorite Things); Heart's Desire (Verve)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Sultry 6x6 pad (Basic Grey)
Misc: Standard Circles Large dies (Spellbinders); Accent Essentials cartridge (Cricut)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!