Monday, January 30, 2017

Beautiful Birthday

Here's the last card from the workshop I attended recently.  I love this new stamp set by Stampin' Up!  It's called Beautiful You and it reminds me of the old retired Summer by the Sea and Seaside Sketches sets.  I'm pretty sure there's a third one, but I can't remember the name offhand.  I still have them all, but haven't used them in ages.  I need to remedy that!


I stamped the girl on white cardstock and cut her out with the Layering Ovals dies.  I stamped her again on a floral patterned paper and cut out just the dress and hat, gluing them in place on the white oval.  I love the look of paper piecing!  I matted the stamped oval with a scalloped oval cut from Mint Macaron cardstock.  To dress her up, I placed three tiny pearls along the neck.  Looks pretty, doesn't it?


Using the So Detailed dies, I cut a lacy floral piece from Mint Macaron cardstock and adhered it along the edge of floral patterned paper from the Blooms & Bliss dsp.  I also stamped a sentiment from Beautiful You in the lower corner.  I then glued the whole piece to a Mint Macaron card base.  Finally, I popped up the oval in the center with dimensionals.

I love the finished card.  It's gorgeous!

Stamps:  Beautiful You (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black Archival (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Whisper White, Mint Macaron, Blooms & Bliss dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  So Detailed Thinlits dies, Layering Ovals Framelits dies (Stampin' Up); pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!