Thursday, August 18, 2016

Camp Create: Sweet Chocolate


Well, here's my last card for the final session of Camp Create by My Favorite Things!  It's for the Monochromatic Magic challenge.  I had a difficult time choosing which color to use until I saw the Chocolate Sentiments stamp set in my stash.  It went together pretty quickly after that!


Naturally, I selected to use several shades of brown for my monochromatic color scheme.  I stamped the circle image on Close to Cocoa cardstock with the matching ink in a repeating pattern.  I stamped the main sentiment on Chocolate Chip cardstock, again with matching ink, and cut it with a Fishtail Flags STAX die.  I also cut some brown polka dot patterned paper with the same die and layered them together.  I matted everything on Chocolate Chip cardstock and adhered it to a white card base.  For a final touch, I added Brownstone glitter to the heart in the sentiment.


I love that the glitter pops even though it still stays within the monochromatic design.  You know how I love sparkle!  This would work great for a masculine Valentine's Day card or some other occasion.  My teenage son really liked it.  :)  Here's my final Camp Create badge.  It's been fun!


Stamps:  Chocolate Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up); Snap Color Vibe 6x6 pad (Simple Stories)
Misc:  Fishtail Flags STAX die (My Favorite Things); Brownstone glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!