Thursday, August 18, 2016

Camp Create: Ombre Snow


Here's my card for the Awesome Ombre challenge at Camp Create, the third and final session.  I love the Snowfall Background stamp by My Favorite Things.  It's so pretty on its own, so I sponged an ombre background to complement it.


First, I embossed the Snowfall Background on white cardstock using white embossing powder.  I sponged Sno Cone, Summer Splash, and Blue Raspberry inks over top, doing the resist technique like one of the other challenges.  I adhered the panel to a white card base.

I cut the word snow with the Wonderful Words: Snow die by Papertrey Ink from white cardstock and sponged Sno Cone ink over the top half.  Then I added Sugar Cube glitter over the whole word.  I love the glittery ombre effect!  See the close-up pic below.  I stamped a sentiment from Holiday Hugs with black ink and cut a narrow strip to place under the glittered word.  Both are popped up with a second layer for dimension.


Here's the badge I earned!  Only the monochromatic challenge left to do now.  :)


Stamps:  Snowfall Background, Holiday Hugs (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Sno Cone, Summer Splash, Blue Raspberry (My Favorite Things); Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Wonderful Words: Snow die (Papertrey Ink); white embossing powder (Filigree); Sugar Cube glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen; sponge tool

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!