Thursday, December 17, 2015

Stocking Tag

I love these tags!  I got my inspiration from a card posted by JanTink on her blog.  Unfortunately, I can't find the exact post, but it was a trio of stockings against a woodgrain background.  I liked the look and did something similar for my tags.


The stamp set is an old one by Stampin' Up called Stitched Stockings that had a coordinating punch.  It made putting these together much quicker than if I'd had to cut them all out by hand.  I punched the stocking out of patterned paper (Trim the Tree dsp).  I stamped the cuff/toe/heel with Garden Green ink on white cardstock and then punched those pieces out as well.



I threaded some natural twine through Pure Poppy buttons and tied little bows for an accent on the stocking cuff.  For the tag, I cut white cardstock with the Tag Sale #1 die by Papertrey Ink.


I stamped a piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock with Dark Chocolate ink for a lovely tone-on-tone woodgrain background using Hardwood by Stampin' Up.  Then I layered it on a piece of Garden Green cardstock and a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock that was punched with a scallop border along the bottom edge.


Once assembled, I added a Cherry Cobbler ring around the hole (from the same tag die) and then stamped the "Ho Ho Ho" sentiment from Stitched Stockings by My Favorite Things.  A bit time consuming, honestly, but the tags turned out really cute.  Even teenage boy approved!  :)


Stamps:  Stitched Stockings, Hardwood (Stampin' Up); Stitched Stockings (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Garden Green (Stampin' Up); Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Trim the Tree dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Tag Sale #1 die (Papertrey Ink); Stocking Builder punch, Scallop Border punch (Stampin' Up); Pure Poppy buttons (Papertrey Ink); solid natural twine (The Twinery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!