Sunday, December 20, 2015

Star Tree Tag

One more tag to post!  I started this tag a couple weeks ago when a friend came over to stamp, but I fussed with it several times for a week until I was happy with it.  It uses an old Stampin' Up set called Peace on Earth.  I used the globe ornament image from this set for a tag two years ago.  Check it out here.  For this tag, I used the star tree image.


I cut a tag from white cardstock using the Tag Sale: Quilted die by Papertrey Ink.  I stamped the tree in Tuxedo Black ink and colored the stars with a Handsome Hunter marker.  Then I used a glue pen to add Black Licorice glitter to the star tree.  It is so pretty in real life!  The flecks of black and green really give depth to the color.


I stamped a sentiment from Peace on Earth by Verve Stamps next to the tree.  I really love the design of the stamps in this set.  I colored the "night" banner section with Copic markers.  Both of the stars (in the sentiment and on the tree) were colored with a Daffodil Delight marker and then embellished with Lemon Drop glitter.

I cut a piece of Enchanted Evening cardstock with a die from Tag Sale #10 by Papertrey Ink.  Using Harvest Gold cardstock, I cut a star with a die from Blueprints 8 by My Favorite Things and glittered it with Lemon Drop as well.  The finished tag is so pretty with all the sparkle!  A bit of dark blue ribbon and it's ready to use.


Stamps:  Peace on Earth (Stampin' Up); Peace on Earth (Verve Stamps)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Enchanted Evening, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  B91, B95, B99
Misc:  Tag Sale #10 die, Tag Sale: Quilted die (Papertrey Ink); Blueprints 8 die (My Favorite Things); Handsome Hunter and Daffodil Delight markers (Stampin' Up); Black Licorice and Lemon Drop glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen, blue ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful! Love that starry tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that tree made out of stars!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog for my 10th Anniversary Celebration -- I really appreciate your sweet comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!