Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Good Neighbors

I received a wonderful gift last month.  My Stampin' Up demo decided to purge her remaining retired designer paper and gave it all to me.  Talk about a treasure trove!  It was so exciting to go through the box and see what was there.  She also gave me a stack of retired colors of cardstock.  Seriously cool!  In the box was a Welcome Neighbors 6x6 pad that was part of Sale-a-bration a few years ago.  I remember getting the Good Neighbors set at that time, but had not really noticed the paper.  I really love it!  It's full of pretty little patterns and I just had to use it to make a card.


Last week's Make It Monday video over at Nichole Heady's blog was an angled background technique using patterned paper.  I'd been meaning to try it out and the Welcome Neighbors paper was perfect for it.  I started with a white piece of cardstock and layered strips of different papers, starting at the bottom and varying the angles as I adhered them.  Then I trimmed the excess.  It made a fun background for my card!

I cut fishtail flags out of white and Bermuda Bay cardstock.  I stamped a Good Neighbors house on the white piece with Pumpkin Pie ink and added Bermuda Bay clouds.  Lastly, I stamped the word "thanks" underneath.

Inside the card, I used a strip of the house print paper and stamped the sentiment above it on a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock.  Very simple, but it adds so much.


Hopefully this card will convey my gratitude to my demo for her very generous gift!  I had a lot of fun going through my old Stampin' Up catalogs to identify the patterned papers.  Now everything is properly labeled and ready to use!  :)

Stamps:  Good Neighbors, Picture This, Flight of the Butterfly (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Welcome Neighbors 6x6 pad (Stampin' Up); White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay (Stampin' Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Fishtail Flags STAX, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX dies (My Favorite Things)


2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card and I am sure she will see your appreciation! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lucky you are to get all the paper!! And what a beautiful job you did with it! Love the background! I'm going to have to try that! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!