Monday, January 20, 2014

A Very Big Heart

I combined two challenges for this card.  The layout follows Freshly Made Sketches #119 (found here) and the color combo is from a new challenge called The Card Concept.  (found here)  I chose to use a Clean & Layered style for my card.  I would venture to say that most of my cards fall in that particular style.



I dug this embossed pink heart out of my scrap drawer.  It's probably been in there a couple of years!  When I saw this sketch, for some reason I remembered it was there and decided to use it for my card.  The first challenge for The Card Concept was to use a kraft, pink, vanilla, and espresso color combo.  So pretty!

My card base is Early Espresso cardstock with a layer of Pink Pirouette.  I stamped my sentiment using Early Espresso ink in the lower right corner.  I used the generational stamping technique to add text to my Vintage Cream layer and deliberately made it uneven.  Not splotchy, but some parts of the text are darker than others.  I mounted the panel on Early Espresso and then adhered to the card at an angle like the sketch, trimming off the excess.

I cut a flag banner out of burlap fabric, glued it in place, and then put the pink heart over top.  With the sentiment I chose, this could be a thank you card as well as a Valentine's Day card.  Sweet and simple.  :)

Stamps:  Love You Much, Happy Heart Day, Friend By Definition (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up); Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Early Espresso (Stampin' Up); Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Misc:  Fishtail Flags STAX die (My Favorite Things; burlap, white embossing powder

6 comments:

  1. Very nice card! I love the burlap ribbon and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this classic CAS card! The burlap panel has so much eye appeal! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv the burlap...adorable....so glad you played along with the first Card Concept challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I love the soft colors and the burlap! Perfect touch!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS and The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and great us of this week's colors. Love the burlap! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning clean & layered design! The texture of the burlap in contrast with the soft pink color is striking! The sentiment, so sweetly tucked in the corner, sends a lovely message to the recipient without detracting from the main elements of your card!

    Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at the first ever Card Concept Challenge. I'm quite sure that you are going to be thrilled when you see what the second challenge brings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!