Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pieced Easter Eggs

For this particular Love Fest challenge over at Splitcoaststampers, we had to use items that started with the letters L.O.V.E.  (found here)  I struggled quite a bit with it.  Not as easy as you would think!  Eventually, I settled on these components:

L - Lucky Limeade cardstock
O - one butterfly, old scraps
V - Very Vanilla cardstock
E - Easter eggs


I have had these paper-pieced Easter eggs sitting in my scrap drawer for a couple of years.  I just could never get them to work on a card.  This time I was determined to do it!  They were created by cutting strips of patterned paper and gluing them side by side on white cardstock.  Once dry, I diecut the egg shapes using a Spellbinders die.

For my card I layered Very Vanilla cardstock on a Lucky Limeade card base, and then added a piece of Almost Amethyst that was embossed with polka dots.  I cut a strip of grass using Lucky Limeade and placed my eggs both in front and behind the grass.  For a last touch, I stamped a butterfly and cut it out.  It makes a sweet Easter card!   :)

Stamps:  Butterfly Dreams (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Almost Amethyst, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade (Stampin' Up); 8x8 Slab (Provo Craft)
Ink:  Almost Amethyst (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Nested Eggs die (Spellbinders); Fresh Cut Grass (My Favorite Things)
 




1 comment:

  1. I recognize the paper you used to make the eggs - I think we bought it together because I have quite a bit of it! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!