Thursday, August 23, 2012

Anni-VERVE-sary 2012 Challenge: Day 4

I'm back again with another Verve challenge card.  This time it had to be a CAS, or clean and simple card.  It took a little longer for inspiration to strike on this one.  I finished my day five project first!  I decided to stay "in order" and post this one now.  lol  Not that it really matters!

Yesterday, there was a post on Moxie Fab World about repetition as a design element, so that was fresh in my mind as I made this card.  Check out her blog post here to read her thoughts and also check out the other cards made for the Repetition Challenge. 


My use of repetition isn't necessarily innovative, but I like the clean, graphic style of the three butterflies in a row.  The embossed horizontal lines help draw the eye across the card.  I pulled out Fluttering By for my dimensional butterflies, along with a sentiment from Autumn Splendor. I simply stamped the butterflies directly on my card base, and then cut out another set of stamped images to place on top for dimension. The dotted butterfly is colored just slightly different than the other two to change it up a bit. 

Stamps:  Fluttering By, Autumn Splendor (Verve)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic:  BG11, BG13, BG15 

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous shading! Lots of visual interest on this! Nothing is better than crisp white with a pop of colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Annheidel! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!