Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Anni-VERVE-sary 2012 Challenge: Day 1

Verve Stamps is celebrating their fifth year in business, or as they call it, their anni-VERVE-sary, and they have five stamping challenges to make it fun.  Obviously, I have decided to participate.   :D  I'm starting a bit late, but already have two done (woohoo!), so unless circumstances intervene, I will do all five challenges before the deadline on Friday.  I have plenty of Verve sets, after all!  Check out the store here to see all their great designs.

The first challenge is to use the colors pink, green, and brown along with neutrals to make a card.  I pulled out my Believe set and stamped the flower on some yummy pink Basic Grey paper in all three sizes, and then cut and layered it on my card.


I used narrow strips from the same Basic Grey paper pad layered on a strip of Dark Chocolate cardstock, and then placed it on top of another Dark Chocolate layer that was embossed with polka dots.  I'm just a wee bit addicted to that folder right now.  :)  The sentiment is stamped on a Spellbinders diecut embellished with another bit of that gorgeous flowered paper.  Love the result!

Stamps:  Believe (Verve)
Paper:  White, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Sultry 6x6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Rich Cocoa (Memento); Always Artichoke (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Labels 18 die (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is so pretty! How clever of you to divide up the focal panel with different papers...what a fabulous look! Thanks for playing along with our Card Carnival!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!