Wednesday, July 11, 2018

MFT Summer School 2018: Primary Colors


It's nice to be back creating in my studio again.  Lately, I've been doing more organizational projects rather than stamping.  I decided to participate in the My Favorite Things Summer School challenges to get me going again.  Here is my card for the Primary Colors day.


I pulled out these adorable monsters from the Monster Sized stamp set by My Favorite Things.  They look great in bold, bright colors!  I colored the images with Copic markers and added Glossy Accents to the eyes for dimension.  (hopefully you can see it in the close up photo)  I also jazzed up the teeth with a clear Wink of Stella pen. 

Note to self:  get the matching dies.  These images were a challenge to fussy cut!



I glued strips of Bright Buttercup, Enchanted Evening, and Pure Poppy cardstock to a white panel for a fun backdrop.  The sentiment is from another My Favorite Things stamp set called Monster Love.  I thought it went perfectly with my crazy stack of monsters.  I popped them up slightly with a couple layers of cardstock underneath.  I then glued the whole panel to a black card base.

Isn't it fun?  It's a bright and happy birthday card that works for any gender!

Stamps:  Monster Sized, Monster Love (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, True Black, Bright Buttercup, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  0, C1, C5, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, R24, R29, R59, B34, B37
Misc:  Glossy Accents (Ranger); clear Wink of Stella pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!