Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge: Chevron Wishes

Boy, this was a tough one.  I haven't created much lately because I've been updating my inventory and category books with two years of stamp purchases.  It is taking forever!  I wanted to make a card for the April Papertrey Ink blog hop, but it sure didn't come easy.  The inspiration colors were a real challenge.  It's not a combination I would ever choose myself.  In the end, I kept it really simple.

print designed by the talented Megan Carter


I stamped a chevron stripe in four different colors across a piece of Fresh Snow linen cardstock and adhered it to a Smokey Shadow 4x4" card base.  Using Pale Peony ink, I stamped the circular sentiment from County Fair on linen cardstock and then cut it out with the matching die.  I stamped "wishes" on it using Smokey Shadow ink.  I popped it up on the card with foam tape.

We are having so much rain here in North Carolina!  Days like these make me wish I had a light box for photos.  Anyway, despite initial frustration with this challenge, I like my card.  Sometimes simple is best!  Check out other cards here.

Stamps:  County Fair, Background Basics: Chevron Stripes (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Pale Peony, Bright Buttercup, Orange Zest, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); Smoky Slate (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Fresh Snow Linen, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  County Fair die (Papertrey Ink)

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it! One of my faves today~

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely graphic design using the chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS and darling! Nice job on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, crisp and clean! Love the colors illustrated via the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Heidi! I love your pretty chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic CAS design!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!