Sunday, February 14, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary: My Smiles Begin With You

Apparently, Papertrey Ink is starting a #saturdaysnailmail campaign to encourage the actual sending of handmade cards through the mail each week.  Um....I might be guilty of hoarding mine.  lol  Yesterday, we were challenged to make a thank you card to send to the PTI warehouse employees.  I can only imagine the crazy week they will be having once all the new goodies are released!


I had flowers leftover from my last creation, which gave me a headstart for this card.  I stamped a Spring Rain card base with Polka Dot Basics II using VersaMark ink.  I adore polka dots!  They make such a fun sky background.

I cut my hills from Ripe Avocado cardstock with In the Meadow dies and stamped them with Background Basics: Text Style, also in VersaMark ink.  This time, I brushed all the edges with the inkpad to add some shading.  Love the look!  After adding them to my card base, I "planted" my flowers in the hills.

Since I had a Tag Sale #10 frame leftover too, I used it for my sentiment from Natural Beauties, stamping it in Dark Chocolate ink.  I'd really love to have a larger version of this scalloped die.  It's one of my favorites!  Once I glued it to my card, I trimmed off the overhang.  I thought this sentiment was just perfect for the PTI warehouse employees.  I sure smile every time I see a package from them on my porch!  :)


Inside the card, I stamped two sentiments from Inside & Out: Thank You in Dark Chocolate ink and added another flower for a final burst of cheerful color.  Isn't this sentiment perfect too?  I love it when stamp sets work together.  You can see other cards for the challenge here.  I hope the warehouse folks like my card.  At the very least, it will make them smile!  (pun intended)

Stamps:  Petite Pots, Natural Beauties, Background Basics: Text Style, Polka Dot Basics II, Inside & Out: Thank You (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark; Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Petite Pots die, Tag Sale #10 die, In the Meadow dies (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!