Saturday, January 23, 2016

Blooming Heart

Oh my goodness, this card is so gorgeous in person!  I love the sparkly glitter paper.  This card did give me a few fits at the workshop.  It's not easy to get the paper out of this intricate die!


I cut a heart shape out of the top white layer using a retired die.  (don't know the name, sorry)  I cut the Bloomin' Hearts die out of another white piece.  This one is actually my second try.  The first attempt tore in several pieces when I tried to get it out of the die, despite using the new die brush.  I love this elegant, intricate design anyway!

I layered the pieces over Blushing Bride glimmer paper and a white card base.  I absolutely love the look of the glitter behind the lace-style heart!  I cut smaller flowers from white cardstock, added pearls to the centers, and then popped them up on the heart.  Such a beautiful card!

Paper:  Whisper White, Blushing Bride glimmer paper (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Bloomin' Hearts dies, retired heart die (Stampin' Up); pearls

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!