Saturday, April 25, 2015

Iconic Bouquet


Time for the monthly Papertrey Ink blog hop!  This time the challenge was to use navy and shades of pink.  I loved the swiss-dotted vase and luscious floral bouquet in the inspiration picture, and used those elements to create my card.


I used an older PTI set called Iconic Images and stamped the pitcher in Enchanted Evening, hand-cutting around the image.  I stamped the flowers separately in Hibiscus Burst and Simply Chartreuse inks.  After cutting out the flowers, I glued them behind the pitcher.

The swiss-dot pattern comes from one of my favorite Cuttlebug embossing folders called, appropriately, Swiss Dots.  lol  I adhered that panel to an Enchanted Evening card base.  I stamped my sentiment on a strip of Hibiscus Burst cardstock and added the pitcher, raising it up slightly with a bit of cardstock.  Sweet and simple!

Stamps:  Iconic Images (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Enchanted Evening, Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Hibiscus Burst, Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  0, C1, C3 (Copic); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and The sentiment is perfect with the design. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love the dotted background and bright pink sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card - so pretty and I always love an embossed swiss dot background (LOL i used it on one of my cards too... great minds right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image of the pitcher. Just beautiful against the dotty bg (one of my favs too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...love this CAS sweet card. It's got everything it needs and is just perfect! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet, simple and totally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sentiment strip grounds your vase beautifully. The Swiss Dot EF worked very well with your vase of flowers. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!