Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Winter Wishes


I wasn't sure I'd be able to get a card done for this month's Papertrey Ink blog hop, but I managed to do it despite dinner planning, shopping, and house cleaning in preparation for Thanksgiving company this week.  Woot woot!


The theme was snow, so I pulled out my Damask Snowflakes dies and a few other wintry-themed things.  I glued a piece of blue snowy paper to a white card base for my background.  I die cut a snowflake from silver glitter paper and centered it over a double-ended banner that was embossed with phrases from Rustic Snowflakes and Snowfall.  I embossed a snowflake medallion from 2008 Holiday Tags Collection and punched it out with a 1-3/4" circle punch, centering it on the large snowflake.  As a final touch, I added a small rhinestone in the middle.

I love how it turned out!  Unfortunately, the sun was down when I got the card done, so you get an indoor picture.  I'll get a better one tomorrow.  Hopefully you can still see all the pretty shimmer.  Go here to see other projects in the blog hop.  I adore snowflake images, so this was a fun theme for me.  :)

Stamps:  2008 Holiday Tags Collection, Snowfall, Rustic Snowflakes (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); silver glitter (Stampin' Up); Jack Frost 6x6 pad (American Crafts)
Misc:  Damask Snowflakes die; Double-Ended Banner die (Papertrey Ink); 1-3/4" circle punch (EK Success); silver embossing powder, rhinestone

4 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! I imagine it really does sparkle and shine IRL! Well done! :0) Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful! I love the color combo you selected.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!