Monday, July 14, 2014

Scatter Sunshine

I finally got my Shakers & Sprinkles Make It Market Kit last week.  I splurged on it back in May and then had to wait two long months to get it.  Not sure I'll do that again, but I was pretty excited to get this kit despite the drama.  I fell in love with the dies most of all, but I also love the stamps and luscious sprinkle/sequin mixes!

I spent the day over a friend's house who I don't see often, but is one of the few friends I have that love to stamp.  I got to check out her new Stampin' Up goodies as well.  :)  I stamped out a few cute Chubby Chums images from her Paper Smooches stamps, so hopefully you'll see some cards using those soon.  We both made shaker cards using my new kit. 

I haven't made a shaker card in years and these dies made it super easy, especially with the full sheet double-sided adhesive foam included in the kit.  Not to mention all the other goodies!


Bet that made you smile!  It's so pretty and cheerful in person.  I used one of the patterned papers from the kit for the background.  I stamped the sunrays image in Harvest Gold ink on the white oval, as well as the word "sunshine" in black ink.  That's where I messed up slightly.  After adhering the white oval to the back of the sticky foam, I realized I hadn't had my oval straight when stamping.  It's not super obvious, but the oval is slightly tilted on the card to keep my sentiment straight.  lol  Oops!

I used Harvest Gold cardstock for my frame and Summer Sunrise cardstock for the diecut word "scatter".  Obviously, I got those colors from the sequins and patterned paper.  I added glitter to the word before gluing it in place.


I love glitter on cards.  It adds so much pizzazz.  A girl has to have a little bling!  Don't you just love that sequin mix?  Such darling little flowers.  I had fun making this card.  :)


Stamps:  Shakers & Sprinkles (Papertrey Ink)
 Ink:  Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Shakers & Sprinkles kit, Clear Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Shakers & Sprinkles sequins (Papertrey Ink); adhesive foam sheet, Sugar Cube glitter (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. You know, your card really did make me smile when I saw it!! How fun, bright and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!