Sunday, December 18, 2011

December SFYTT sketch challenge

Woohoo! I achieved my goal of participating in the SFYTT sketch challenge every month this year. It certainly helped to get me stamping more regularly, which is one of the reasons I wanted to do it. This month there is no set sponsor, so I chose to use one of my Kraftin' Kimmie girls again. Posy and Piper were the first ones I purchased, and since I already used Posy in an earlier post, I pulled out Piper for this card. Isn't she adorable?

I stuck pretty close to the sketch, other than replacing the circle with a snowflake. I glittered the edges which turned out much thicker than I intended. The shape looks a little distorted. If I do it again, I'll use a glue pen instead to get a thinner line. Either that or cover the whole snowflake with glitter. I also wish I had used the more circular snowflake in the Damask Snowflake die set for better balance. Other than those small things, I think the card still turned out cute!

Here are my posts for the previous month's sketches:
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November

I will post this year's Christmas card soon. I'm still searching for some elusive addresses!

Stamps: Piper (Kraftin' Kimmie); Winter Mittens (Verve); The Snowflake Spot (Stampin' Up)
Paper: White, Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Copic: 0 Colorless Blender, T1, T4, E000, E00, E30, R20, E55, E57, E59, B91, B95, B97, B99
Misc: white embossing powder (Filigree); Blue Topaz glitter (Martha Stewart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!